Cider Pub Guide to Essex
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Essex. 22 entries so far...
- Shepherd & Dog, Gore Road, Ballards Gore, Essex, SS4 2DA. Tel: (01702) 258279.
Burnham on Crouch
- The Queen's Head, 26 Providence, Burnham on Crouch, Essex, CM0 8JU. Tel: (01621) 784825.
One real cider or perry, usually from Westons. How to find: Travel down Burnham on Crouch High St. Turn left at the Clock Tower (Providence) & we are halfway down on the right. Free Public car park opposite.
- The Ivory Peg, 3 New London Road, Chelmsford, Essex, CM2 0SW. Tel: (01245) 253130.
- The Essex Cider Shop, 166 Moulsham Street, Chelmsfored, Essex, CM2 0LD. Tel: (01245) 264177.
Not a pub, but a cider shop selling erm... CIDER! Ciders available come from: Once Upon A Tree, Olivers, Gwatkin, Richs, Gwynt Y Draig, Westons, Orchard Pig, Moles, Double Vision, Biddenden and Crones.
- Bricklayers, 27 Bergholt Road, Colchester, Essex, CO4 5AA. Tel: (01206) 852008.
- Odd One Out, 28 Mersea Road, Colchester, Essex, CO2 7ET. Tel: (01206) 513958.
- Hospital Arms, Crouch Street, Colchester, Essex, CO3 3HA. Tel: (01206) 542398.
Opposite Colchester General in the Town Centre. Suffolk Aspall Cyder on tap.
- The British Grenadier, 67 Military Road, Colchester, Essex, CO1 2AP. Tel: (01206) 500933.
Aspalls on draught. Just under 10 minutes walk from Colchester Town Station.
- Forest Gate, 111 Bell Common (Theydon Road), Epping, Essex, CM16 4DZ. Tel: (01999) 572312.
Bulmers Traditional on handpump.
- The Compasses, Littley Green, Great Waltham, Nr Chelmsford, Essex, CM3 1BU. Tel: (01245) 362308.
- Old Dog, Billericay Road, Herongate Tye, Essex. Tel: (01277) 810337.
Thatchers Medium from the polypin 'out back'.
- The Swan, School Road, Little Totham, Maldon, Essex, CM9 8LB. Tel: (01621) 892 689.
Mill Green (near Ingatestone)
- Viper, Mill Green Road, Mill Green, near Ingatestone, Essex, CM4 0PT. Tel: (01277) 352010.
Wilkins. In the middle of nowhere - phone for directions and beware deer crashing out of the forest in front of you.
- Thatcher's Arms, Mount Bures, Bures, Colchester, Essex, CO8 5AT. Tel: (01787) 227460.
- The Roebuck, 138 High Street, Rayleigh, Essex, SS6 7BU. Tel: (01268) 748430.
- The Horse & Groom, formerly Blanchard's Bar, 1 Southend Road, Rochford, Essex, SS4 1HA. Tel: (01702) 544015.
- Golden Lion, 35 North Street, Rochford, Essex, SS4 1AB. Tel: (01702) 545487.
- The Temeraire, 55 Main street, Saffron Walden, Essex, CB10 1AA. Tel: (01799) 516975.
A JD Wetherspoon house. Has Weston's Old Rosie and Vintage (7.3% abv). Gets a but crowded with young people at certain times, and gets a bit noisy as a result, but OK otherwise. Small car park with an outside patio-type drinking area. Paul Gunningham
- Cork and Cheese, Lower Ground Floor, Victoria Plaza, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS2 5BG. Tel: (01702) 616914.
On bottom floor of shopping centre. Cheddar Valley cider.
- The Last Post, Weston Road, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 1AS. Tel: (01702) 431682.
- The Alexandra Yacht Club, Clifton Terrace, Southend-on-Sea, Essex, SS1 1DT. Tel: (01702) 340363.
There are up to 4 real ciders, plus a perry available. Open Fri - Sat: Open 12pm, Licensed to midnight and Mon - Thu: 8pm - 11pm.
- The Hoop, 21 High Street, Stock, Essex, CM4 9BD. Tel: (01277) 841137.
Pubs Delisted from the Cider Pub Guide to Essex
- The Duke of York, 96 High Street, Essex, CB10 1EA. Tel: (01799) 513113.
Only sells Addlestones which is made from concentrate. Liz Adams
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|