Cider Pub Guide to Isle of Wight
The guide to pubs and outlets selling Real Cider on the Isle of Wight.
- Yardbridge Inn, Yarbridge, Brading, Isle of Wight, PO36 0AA. Tel: (01983) 406212.
Situated at Yarbridge Cross Roads which is about half way between Brading and Sandown on the main road. 'real farmhouse draught cider'
Freshwater & Totland
- The High Down Inn just below Tennyson Down often has a polykeg of Thatchers Traditional or Thatchers Vintage on the bar
- The Apple Farm at Afton Park has a licensed cafe where there is usually a bag in box of real cider.
- The Cider Barn, High Street, Godshill, Isle of Wight. Tel: (01983) 840680.
Click The Cider Barn, Godshill for more. Home-produced ciders ranging from dry, unfiltered to medium sweet, join ginger beer and Island wines, local mustards, chutneys, pickles and preserves from Sharon Orchard in this folksy barn in the quaint village of Godshill. Open: Winter: 10.00am-5pm daily. Summer: 10am-6pm in July and August. Regional_Producers#Isle_of_Wight Highly recommended, Godshill cider produces delicious, well-balanced ciders using local apples.
Several pubs in Newport claim to sell Real Cider, one of which is referred to as a 'cider bar'
- Rosemary Vineyard primarily make English wine and Apple Juice but also make some ciders from juiced dessert apples which are sold in 500ml bottles and a champagne style cidre bouche
Rosemary Vineyard Smallbrook Lane, Ryde, Isle of Wight. PO33 4BE
tel: 01983 811084
- The Volunteer, 30 Victoria Street, Ventnor, Isle of Wight, PO38 1ES. Tel: (01983) 852537.
- The Kings Head, Quay Street, Yarmouth, Isle of Wight, PO41 0PB. Tel: (01983) 760351.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|