Cider Pub Guide to Kent
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Kent. 31 pubs so far...
- Black Horse, Fiddling Lane, Monks Horton, Ashford, Kent, TN25 6AP. Tel: (01303) 812182.
Barfrestone, near Dover
- The Yew Tree Inn, Barfrestone, Dover, Kent, CT15 7JH. Tel: (01304) 831619.
Sells Westons cider and beers from local microbreweries. Just about within walking distance of Shepherdswell railway station, either by road or by local footpaths.
Bethersden, near Ashford
- The George, Bethersden, Ashford, Kent, TN26 3AG. Tel: (01233) 820235.
- The Minnis Bar & Restaurant, The Parade, Birchington, Kent, CT7 9QP. Tel: (01843) 841844.
- Simple Simons, Radigunds Hall, 1 - 9 Church Lane, St. Radigunds, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2AG. Tel: (01227) 762355.
Biddenden cider. £3.70/pt.
- Cherry Tree, 10 White Horse Lane, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2RU. Tel: (01227) 451266.
Biddenden cider. Not a pub for beer-lovers, or for folks who dislike loud background music. Well-kept cider, though.
- The Foundry Opposite the Cherry Tree in White Horse Lane.
Kent Cider Co cider. Not as good as Biddenden, but I could not bear the extreme noise in the Cherry Tree any longer. 10% discount to CAMRA members, food.
- The Old Brewery Tavern, Stour Street, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 2RX. Tel: (01227) 826682.
Biddenden cider, but at £4.00/pt! (4/08)
- White Horse, The Square, Chilham, Kent, CT4 8BY. Tel: (01227) 730355.
- The Bohemian, Beach Street, Deal, Kent, CT14 6HY. Tel: (01304) 374843.
Sells Weston's Organic, most of the time.
- Blakes of Dover, 52 Castle Street, Dover, Kent, CT16 1PJ. Tel: (01304) 202194.
- Crabble Corn Mill, Lower Road, River, Dover, Kent, CT17 0UY. Tel: (01304) 823292.
A Georgian Flower Mill, selling bottled Biddenden in the tea room. Crabble Corn Mill will be hosting its 3rd Annual Cider Festival over the weekend of 7th, 8th and 9th October 2011.
- Eight Bells, 19 Cannon Street, Dover, Kent, CT16 1BZ. Tel: (01304) 205030.
- White Horse, St. James Street, Dover, Kent, CT16 1QF. Tel: (01304) 242974.
Normally has one of Biddenden, Biddenden Bushells or Black Rat available.
- Prince Albert, 83 Biggin street, Dover, Kent, CT16 1BB. Tel: (01304) 204272.
Sells Thatcher's Cheddar Valley.
- The Phoenix, Abbey Street, Faversham, Kent, ME13 7BH. Tel: (01795) 591462.
Recently reopened nice pub that did the honourable thing and took the Strongbow off that tap (hoorah!) It's now been replaced with Stowford Press by Westons which is infinitely superior! They also do pretty decent food so I'm told.
- Macknade Fine Foods (OL) West St. Faversham.
Bottled Biddenden, Pawley Farm and Double Vision ciders sold in a delicatessen.
- ?? Old Wine Vaults Preston St, Faversham.
A sign outside boasted of this being the 'cider pub of the year'. They tried to sell me a keg Thatchers claiming it was 'real'. It turned out the only real cider they had was bottled Kentish Pippin, at £4.00. I'm sorry to report that Old Rosie at the Wetherpoons across the street seemed a better deal.
Finglesham, near Deal
- The Crown Inn, Finglesham, Deal, Kent, CT14 0NA. Tel: (01304) 612555.
Sells draught Biddenden. Also in bottle, currently Biddenden Monk's Delight or Biddenden Special Reserve. Well-known locally for food, including home-cooked specials. Bat & Trap played in the summer. June 2009.
- The Ship Inn, 65 Sandgate High Street, Sandgate, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 3AH Tel: (01303) 248525.
Biddenden Cider, Medium or dry. November 2007
- The Chambers, Cheriton Place, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 2BB. Tel: (01303) 223333.
- East Cliff Tavern, 13 East Cliff, Folkestone, Kent, CT20 6BU. Tel: (01303) 251132.
Locals pub serving Biddenden cider. November 2007
- The Three Chimneys, Hareplain Road, Biddenden, Kent, TN27 8LW. Tel: (01580) 291472
Beautiful pub just outside of Frittenden sells Biddenden Cider (8%)
N.B. the Red Lion, the only pub in the village of Biddenden itself, does not sell real cider.
- The Will Adams Freehouse, Saxton Street, Gillingham, Kent, ME7 5EG. Tel: (01634) 575902.
Great Chart, near Ashford
- Swan Inn, The Street, Great Chart, Ashford, Kent, TN23 3AN. Tel: (01233) 623250.
Sells Westons cider.
Great Mongeham, near Deal
- Three Horseshoes, 139 Mongeham Road, Great Mongeham, Deal, Kent, CT14 9LL 01304 375812
Guston, near Dover
- The Chance Inn, Dover Road, Guston, Dover, CT15 5EW. Tel: (01304) 206162.
Sells bottled Biddenden cider. On County Council 593 bus route, but also handy for local footpaths and walkers welcome.
Hacklinge, near Deal
- Coach & Horses, Hacklinge, Deal, Kent, CT14 0AT. Tel: (01304) 617063.
Sells Westons on draught (via handpull). On the 13 bus route between Deal & Sandwich.
- The Bull, Lombard Street, Horton Kirby, nr Dartford, Kent. Tel: (01322) 862274.
- The Lifeboat, 1 Market Street, Margate, Kent, CT9 1EU. Tel: 07837024259.
Sells Double Vision, Biddenden, Rough Old Wife, Johnson's Farmhouse Cider, Merry Moon, East Stour Cider, and Broomfield Orchard according to this link.
Preston near Canterbury
- The Half Moon & Seven Stars, The Street, Preston, Canterbury, Kent, CT3 1EB. Tel: (01227) 722296.
Biddenden cider. Food includes home-made pies, and paella made by the landlord. Bat & trap played in the summer.
- The Plough, Church Lane , Ripple, Deal, Kent, CT14 8JH. Tel: (01304) 360209.
Country pub sells biddenden on draught. Good quality locally sourced food available Wed-Sun.
- Man of Kent, 6 - 8 John Street, Rochester, Kent, ME1 1YN. Tel: (01634) 818771.
Fantastic pub selling local Pawley Farm dry, sweet & spiced ciders (poured into glass or jug from the bottle), and sometimes also has Kentish Pippin cider. They also do proper German apple schnapps. Dude the cuddley dog may greet you at the door. N.B. odd opening hours - opens at 15:00 on Mon, 14:00 Tue-Fri, 12:00 Sat-Sun. Open all day once open. No food.
Snargate, Romney Marsh
- Red Lion, Snargate, Romney Marsh, Kent, TN29 9UQ. Tel: (01797) 344648.
Their advert says "local cider always available". Approximately one mile from Appledore station. On CAMRA's national pub inventory.
St. Margarets Bay, near Dover
- The Coastguard, St. Margarets Bay, Dover, Kent, CT15 6DY. Tel: (01304) 853176.
Weston's cider on draught, choice of real ales, good selection of the more popular single malts and also good food. Lovely view of the English Channel and arguably the closest English pub to France.
- The Garden House Hotel, St. Margarets Bay, Dover, Kent, CT15 6AT. Tel: (01304) 852400.
Biddenden Bushells. Hotel & restaurant, formerly the Clyffe Hotel, and actually in St. Margarets-at-Cliffe, the cliff-top village above the bay. No longer has a bar for non-residents, alas.
Staple near Canterbury
- Three Tuns, Staple, Canterbury, Kent, CT3 1LN. Tel: (01227) 812317.
Sells Biddenden Bushells. It's actually dispensed through a lager line, but at very low pressure which doesn't appear to affect the cider (I've tested it more than once...). On the 14 bus route between Canterbury & Sandwich.
Staplehurst, south of Maidstone on A229
- The Bell Hotel, High Street, Staplehurst, Kent, TN12 0AY. Tel: (01580) 891322.
Stodmarsh near Canterbury
- Red Lion, Stodmarsh, Canterbury, Kent, CT3 4BA. Tel: (01227) 721339.
Sells Biddenden's Monk's Delight from the bottle.
Really an anti-listing - beware of 'The Bedford' near the station claiming to have 'local cider' - it is a locally made kegged fizz.
- The Berry, Canada Road, Walmer, Kent, CT14 7EQ. Tel: (01304) 362411.
Sells Thatcher's Cheddar Valley and Weston's 1ST Quality on handpump, as well as Mr. Whitehead's Midnight Special Perry in bottles. The Mr.Whitehead's will appear on draught as bag in box in the near future. Also serves Biddenden Special Reserve (13%) by the 50ml measure. CAMRA Pub of The Year 2008 for Deal, Dover, Sandwich & District Branch.
West Hythe, Romney Marsh
- Botolphs Bridge Inn, West Hythe, Romney Marsh, Kent, CT21 4NN. Tel: (01303) 267346.
Not as close to Hythe as the place name suggests! Sells Old Rosie.
Wingham near Canterbury
- The Anchor, Wingham, Canterbury, Kent, CT3 1BJ. Tel: (01227) 720229.
Sells Biddenden cider. On the 13 bus route from Canterbury to Sandwich.
Wittersham near Tenterden
- The Swan, Wittersham, Tenterden, Kent, TN30 7PH. Tel: (01797) 270913.
Pubs DELISTED from the Cider Pub Guide to Kent
- Renaissance, Dover, Kent, CT17 9RZ.
Delisted as has stopped selling real cider.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|