Cider Pub Guide to Northamptonshire
The guide to pubs selling Real Cider in Northamptonshire. 34 entries so far...
- The King's Head, King's Cliffe Road, Apethorpe, Northamptonshire, PE8 5DG. Tel: (01780) 470627.
Recently re-opened with Jollydale Cyder.
- Chequered Skipper, The Green, Ashton, Northamptonshire, PE8 5LD. Tel: (01832) 273494.
Thatched local in a lovely village close to Oundle. Good range of beers and Aspalls Suffolk Cider on draught. Outside drinking/dining on the village green.
- Montagu Arms, Barnwell, Northamptonshire, PE8 5PH. Tel: (01832) 273726.
Lovely garden, very low beams, local real ales including the Digfield brewery in the village. Draught Aspalls Suffolk Cider, plus a rotating guest cider from Westons on handpump (Westons Country Perry - Aug 2008).
- New Inn, Buckby Wharf, Watling Street, Buckby, Northamptonshire, NN6 7PW. Tel: (01327) 844747.
- Queens Head, Bulwick, Northamptonshire, NN17 3DY. Tel: (01780) 450272.<
Lovely village pub with a reputation for good food, and a good range of real ales from smaller breweries. Real cider in the summer only.
- The Samuel Lloyd, Rockingham Road/Gretton Road, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN17 1AD. Tel: (01536) 447910.
- The Cock Inn, Denford, Northamptonshire, NN14 4EC. Tel: (01832) 732565.
Westons Old Rosie, though availability can be a little irregular (19/2/08).
Easton on the Hill
- , 21 Stamford Road, Easton on the Hill, Nr. Stamford, Northamptonshire, PE9 3NS. Tel: (01780) 756321.
Close to Stamford, Lincolnshire, but is located in Northamptonshire. Sells Jollydale Cyder.
- The Royal Oak, High Street, Flore, Northamptonshire, NN7 4LL. Tel: (01327) 341340.
Dunkerton's Black Fox Organic cider available in bottles. (Currently, March 2008, a problem with distributors so best to phone to check).
- Star Inn, 2 Bridge Street, Geddington, Northamptonshire, NN14 1AD. Tel: (01536) 742386.
Another Northants licensee with a strong commitment to local beers, but more importantly local ciders! The guest cider is usually from Westons range, but Roadkill for Eve Dry Cider (6.5%) features when available.
- Blue Bell Inn, 90 High Street, Gretton, Northamptonshire, NN17 3DF. Tel: (01536) 770404.
- The Talbot Inn, 33 High Street, Gretton, Northamptonshire, NN17 3DE. Tel: (01536) 771609.
The Talbot Inn is a friendly village pub at the heart of the village with a main bar and a dining room/lounge bar. There is a large beer garden to the rear with childrens play equipment and a decked patio with awning. Weston's Old Rosie Cider and local real ales available. Food is served all day every day from 12.00 until 1/2 hour before close. Opening times are Sun-Thurs 12.00-11.00, Fri & Sat 12.00 - 00.00. Takeaway meals are also available. The main bar has a Northamptonshire skittle table, darts, pool and large screen projection TV - Wii system. Westons Cider Ice is available during the summer, we have Whinn Hill cider on draght at present. 8 real ciders & perries will be available at The WVBF.
- The Hatton Arms, 14 Arnhill Road, Gretton, Northamptonshire, NN17 3DN. Tel: (01536) 770268.
Opening Hours: 12-2pm, 5-11pm Tues-Sat (6-11pm Sat); 12-10.30pm Sun; Closed Mon
Thatched village local, tastefully refurbished, and with a good reputation for food in the new Shallots Restaurant. Beers always include a local choice and the Hatton is the local tap for the Great Oakley Brewery. Real cider is rarely available now.
- Ward Arms, Main Street, Guilsborough, Northamptonshire, NN6 8PY. Tel: (01604) 740265.
The Ward Arms has had a "Real Cider" pump in the past but current management (April 2011) now show no inclination to sell real cider despite selling real ale, being the home of "Nobby's" brewery.
- The Earl of Dalkeith, 13 - 15 Dalkeith Place, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN16 0BS. Tel: (01536) 312589.
Fairly typical Wetherspoon in the heart of the town. Westons Old Rosie in the chiller cabinet, plus some bottled including Koppaberg and Magners. <- And you think these are ciders?! CiderMike 11:41, 19 June 2011 (UTC)
- Glebe Farm Shop, Rothwell Road, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN16 8XF. Tel: (01536) 513849.
Nota pub, but it does sell bottles of Crones User Friendly and Special Reserve ciders, as well as local produce including Northants breweries, English Wine.
- The Piper , Windmill Avenue, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN15 6PS. Tel: (01536) 513870.
Good estate pub selling Westons Old Rosie. A little way out from the centre, but handy for Wickstead Park. A beer festival is held in August.
- Sawyers, 44 Montague Street, Kettering, Northamptonshire, NN16 8RU. Tel: (01536) 484800.
Renowned live music venue (mostly rock/alternative), Potbelly Brewery tap, and has recently introduced Westons Herefordshire Country Perry on handpump.
- Queen Adelaide, 50 Manor Road, Kingsthorpe Village, Northamptonshire, NN2 6QJ. Tel: (01604) 714524. Email: email@example.com
A popular ale house, in a pleasant village on the edge of Northampton. The guest cider/perry is from a wide range supplied by Northampton wholesaler AleExpress.
- Red Lion, 7 The Hill, Middleton, Northamptonshire, LE16 8YX. Tel: (01536) 771268.
Larger Image Village local with a strong commitment to cider and local ales. The draught Rockingham Forest Cider is made in the village, and is available throughout the Summer. Occasional guest ciders through the Winter (Winkleigh Sam's Medium 27/12/08, Ross-on-Wye Cider and Perry 26/01/09). Up to four real ales, including regulars from the nearby Great Oakley Brewery, Potbelly, Nobbys etc. Participates in the Welland Valley Beer Festival in June.
- Food Hall, 60 St. Giles Street, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 1JW. Tel: (01604) 233313.
Nota pub, but a delicatessen with bottled Hogans Cider and Perry.
- Malt Shovel Tavern, 121 Bridge Street, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 1QF. Tel: (01604) 234212.
- The Moon on the Square, 6 The Pararde, Market Square, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 2EA. Tel: (01604) 634062.
- Racehorse, 15 Abington Square, Northampton, Northamptonshire, NN1 4AE. Tel: (01604) 631997.
- The George Inn, 91 Glapthorn Road, Oundle, Nr. Peterborough, Cambridgeshire. PE8 4PR. Tel: (01832) 272324.
- The Ship Inn, 18 West Street, Oundle, Nr. Peterborough, Northamptonshire, PE8 4EF. Tel: (01832) 273918.
- The Rose and Crown, 11 Market Place, Oundle, Nr. Peterborough, Northamptonshire, PE8 4BA. Tel: (01832) 275 968.
- The George Inn, 21 High Street North, Tiffield, Northamptonshire, NN12 8AD. Tel: (01327) 350587.
A Thatchers draught cider on handpump, plus some bottled Thatchers.
- The George, 21 High Street North, Tiffield, Northamptonshire, NN12 8AD. Tel: (01327) 350587.
Thatchers Sandford Cheddar Gold 6.0% Cider always available.
- The Old Red Lion, 4 Banbury Road, Litchborough, Nr. Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 8JF. Tel: (01327) 830064.
- The Boat Inn, Bridge Street, Stoke Bruerne, Nr. Towcester, Northamptonshire, NN12 7SB. Tel: (01604) 862428.
- Wharf Inn, Welford Wharf, Welford, Northamptonshire, NN6 6JQ. Tel: (01858) 575075. (actually just on the Leicestershire side of the border!) ****** NOW DELISTED - Summer 2014 *******
New management have removed all boxes of real cider, leaving only bottled Bulmers Original etc! Canalside pub, and now the only pub in the village. Popular with boating folk, locals, walkers, cyclists and folk passing on the A5199 (formerly the A50). Food also available – see website.
- The Red Well, 16 Silver Street, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 1BD. Tel: (01933) 440845.
- White Swan, 22 Main Street, Woodnewton, Northamptonshire, PE8 5EB. Tel: (01780) 470944.
Re-opened with Jollydale Cyder.
- Angel Inn, 59 Main Street, Yarwell, Nr. Peterborough, Northamptonshire, PE8 6PR. Tel: (01780) 782582.
Pubs Delisted from the Cider Pub Giuide to Northamptonshire
- The Royal Oak, Church Street, Naseby, Northamptonshire, NN6 6DA. Tel: 07985 408240.
Has had Westons Old Rosie at Bank Holiday festivals, but now delisted as only Stowford Press on tap as of Sept. 2011. Listed in the current GBG. Food not available at all sessions - phone to check. Don't confuse with the Fitzgerald Arms (currently closed) just up the road.
|Have you found the information on this page useful? Do return after you've visited the pubs, and update the site with any changes.|
|Cider Pub Guide index|
Beds Bucks & Herts, Berkshire, Bristol, Cambridgeshire, Cheshire, Cornwall, Derbyshire, Devon, Dorset, Durham, Essex, Gloucestershire, Hampshire, Herefordshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Lake District, Lancashire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, London, Manchester, Merseyside, Norfolk, Northamptonshire, Northumberland, Nottinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Rutland, Shropshire, Somerset, Staffordshire, Suffolk, Surrey, Sussex, Tyne and Wear, Warwickshire, West Midlands, Wiltshire, Worcester, Yorkshire * North Wales, Mid Wales, West Wales, South Wales * Scotland * N Ireland * Channel Islands