West Croft Cider
West Croft Cider is a real cider producer based at the foot of Brent Knoll and within reach of Burnham-on-Sea and Brean, in Somerset.
West Croft Cider is a traditional cider farm established by John Harris and has gone on to win numerous awards.
They use traditional English cider apples from their own orchards and those bought in from local farms. The apples are pressed and the juices blended, which is then fermented in oak casks. These methods are the same as used by cider makers over many centuries. Only traditional varieties of Somerset cider apples are used like Kingston Black, Brown Snout, Sheep's Nose and Yarlington Mill. No desert or culinary apples, concentrate is ever used.
When visiting the farm you have a chance to sample before you buy. It is open 6 days a week: 10.00am - 7.00pm. Closed wednesdays and Bank Holidays 10.00am - 7.00pm.
- West Croft Dry Cider 6.5%
- West Croft Janet's Jungle Juice Cider (Dabinett Version) 6%
- West Croft Medium Cider - Janets Jungle Juice 6%
- West Croft Morgan Sweet Cider 6%
Also at Westcroft Farm - Somerset Cider Vinegar Company. email@example.com Producers of pure cider vinegar from 100% Somerset varieties of cider apples. Fermented naturally for three years, unpasteurised and containing 'mother'.
- Cider of the Festival - Cardiff 1995
- Gold Medal - Great British Beer Festival 1996
- Second - Hereford Cider Museum Competition 1997
- Third - Hereford Cider Museum Competition 1998
- Third - Great British Beer Festival 1998
- Address: West Croft Cider, West Croft Farm, Brent Knoll, Highbride, Somerset, TA9 4BE.
- Tel: (01278) 760762 or (01278) 760259.